Friday, June 29, 2007

This is a test

This blog is currently SCREWED UP. I changed the template without first backing up the old one, and now the "Read more..." links do not work. I apologize for the inconvenience. Technicians are busily working to resolve the problem, even as you read this...

This is a continuation of the test. All of this will be deleted later.

Or not. I guess I'll just make this an actual post...and a lesson. I was perfectly happy with the way Vacuum Genesis worked...it was the butt-fugly look that I had come up with that I wanted to change. So I started goofing around with it and the next thing you know I had changed the template. Looks great (or at least better), but suddenly all my crap didn't work. All of my posts were of the "expandable" variety, so that you could read the teaser and then click on "Read More!" to see the entire post. Alas, clicking on "Read More!" did nothing. I clicked and clicked and clicked, but there was no "more!" for me to "read."

I dicked the VG Blogrolls section all to hell as well, but I was able to fix that. Luckily, there was no content lost; just I have to go back through every post and delete some html crap that makes it so you can't see the full post. The lesson? Back up your crap before you do ANYTHING. it is so easy to click on a thing and suddenly realize, OHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now then, to make this an OFFICIAL post, rather than me just spilling my guts about my obvious lack of blogging skills...I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT. Vacuum Genesis will be one of several stops on author Christine Norris' "Virtual Book Tour." She'll be here next Friday (July 6th), discussing her new book Return to Zandria, which is a sequel to Talisman of Zandria. You do not want to miss this interview.

(Now you know why I was trying to spruce the place up).

No comments: